Wonderful stir-fried veggie, chicken pasta salad that's great served warm or cold.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 8 ounces rotelle pasta
- 5 boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 carrots, sliced diagonally
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/2 head cauliflower, broken into small florets
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain. Place in large bowl with chicken.
In large skillet or wok, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Cook carrots with 1/4 teaspoon salt until tender-crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove carrots, place in bowl with chicken and pasta. Add 2 tablespoons oil to wok and cook mushrooms with 1/4 teaspoon salt until tender, 5 minutes. Remove mushrooms and place in bowl.
Add 2 more tablespoons oil to wok, stir-fry broccoli, cauliflower and onion until coated with oil. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 cup water, cover and cook 5 to 10 minutes, until tender-crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove vegetables with slotted spoon and toss with pasta and chicken.
Mix in green onions, soy sauce and sesame oil, adjusting soy and sesame to taste. Serve warm or cold.