Flavorful fish and vegetables are cooked in the microwave for maximum nutrient retention.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 4 cups shredded savoy cabbage
- 1 medium red pepper, cut in slivers
- 6 sliced scallions, with green
- 2 (4 ounce) fillets mahi mahi or flounder
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/3 cup dry-roasted unsalted peanuts, crushed in blender
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 cup mirin
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (or parsley)
- 1 lime
Spread vegetables over bottom of shallow microwave-safe dish. Top with fish. In a small bowl, combine sauce ingredients; pour over all.
Cover tightly with microwave plastic wrap, and microwave on high 8-10 minutes. Vegetables will be crisp-tender.
Place each filet on a plate; spoon vegetables and sauce around fish. Garnish with cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice. Serve with brown rice.