For an exotic, earthy flavor add sliced shiitake mushrooms and bell peppers to a pot of boiling capellini. Toss the warm noodles with a sauce of rice wine vinegar, soy, oil and grated ginger and sprinkle with parsley to serve.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 (8 ounce) package capellini pasta
- 1/2 cup fresh shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 1 red bell peppers, sliced
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions; add mushrooms and pepper during last 2 minutes of cooking.
Combine vinegar, soy sauce, oil, and ginger to make dressing.
Drain pasta and vegetables. Transfer to a serving bowl; combine with dressing. Sprinkle with parsley before serving.