Crispy iceberg lettuce, sugar snap peas, and broccoli coleslaw tossed together with chicken and cashews and finished with a sweet and tangy dressing with a hint of sesame.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded 1/2-inch thick
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts, boneless, cooked and cut or torn into strips
- 4 cups Mann's Stringless Sugar Snap® Peas
- 4 cups Mann's Broccoli Cole Slaw
- 6 scallions, finely sliced
- 1 bunch cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chow mein noodles
- 1 cup cashew pieces, roasted, salted
- 3 ounces ginger, fresh
- 1 1/2 cups light corn syrup
- 1 cup Aji-Mirin sweet cooking rice wine, see note
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
In a large bowl, combine lettuce, chicken, Mann's Stringless Sugar Snap Peas, Mann's Broccoli Cole Slaw, scallions and cilantro.
To make the dressing, puree ingredients from ginger to end together in a food processor.
Just before serving, gently toss salad with chow mein noodles and dressing to taste. Garnish with cashews and serve.
Aji-Mirin sweet cooking rice wine can be found in the Asian food section of most major supermarkets. If unavailable, 1/3 cup sugar dissolved into 2/3 cup white cooking wine can be substituted.