Delicate angel hair pasta is tossed with asparagus and grape tomatoes, topped with fresh avocado, and sprinkled with a mild cheese. I SWEAR this is one of the yummiest things I've had in ages!
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (16 ounce) package angel hair pasta
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and chopped
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 avocados - peeled, pitted, and mashed
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded queso asadero (white Mexican cheese)
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add angel hair pasta, cook for 5 to 6 minutes, until al dente; drain and toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil to prevent stickiness.,
Heat the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, and cook the garlic for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the asparagus and tomatoes, stirring to coat. Pour in the broth, and continue cooking uncovered 10 minutes, or until the asparagus is tender, but still bright green.
Place the pasta in a large bowl, and toss with the asparagus and tomato mixture. Season with dill and pepper. In a separate bowl, mix the avocados, lime juice, and garlic powder together until blended.
Serve pasta with a dollop of the avocado mixture, and top with shredded cheese.