Tasty pasta covered in an asparagus based sauce with sauteed portobello mushrooms and peas.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 (15 ounce) cans asparagus
- 1 (2.25 ounce) can sliced black olives
- 1/2 pound fettuccini pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 large portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) can peas, drained
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Fill a large pot with water and the drained liquids of the asparagus and the olives; bring to a boil. Cook pasta for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute mushrooms, peas, and Italian seasoning until mushrooms are tender.
In a blender or food processor, puree asparagus, black olives, tomato paste and Parmesan. Transfer to a small saucepan, and heat through over medium-low heat. Spoon asparagus sauce over fettuccini, and top with mushrooms and peas.