This tasty side dish is prepared in 5 minutes - a great solution for those preparing dinner in a hurry!
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 (15 ounce) can asparagus spears, undrained
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1 (4.5 ounce) jar whole mushrooms, drained
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
In large skillet, heat asparagus; drain.
In small saucepan, combine margarine, mushrooms, almonds, basil and pepper until heated. Remove spears from skillet with spatula.
Place on warm serving platter. Pour mushroom mixture over spears. Serve immediately.