This pretty salad looks its best when the lettuce, onion, cauliflower, cheese and peas are layered in a clear glass bowl.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 pound bacon
- 1 head iceberg lettuce - rinsed, dried, and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 16 ounces shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 (32 ounce) jar mayonnaise
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen green peas
Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
In a large serving bowl place a thin layer of 1/2 of the listed ingredients. Begin with the lettuce followed by onion, cauliflower, cheese, bacon and peas. Repeat.
Top the salad with mayonnaise and garnish with a sprinkle of crumbled bacon.