This recipe is fantastic! Every time I take it somewhere, people ask me for the recipe. For the cheese sprinkle, you can use 1/2 of an envelope of dry cheese mix from a macaroni and cheese boxed mix, if you'd like!
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon instant Cheddar cheese sauce mix
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts to taste
In a medium-sized mixing bowl, blend cream cheese and butter or margarine. Stir in cheese sprinkle, Cheddar cheese, green onion, lemon juice and parsley. Shape mixture into 2 large balls or logs, and roll them in the chopped walnuts. Refrigerate until ready to serve.