This lasagna features a white sauce made with cream of mushroom soup, white wine, crab meat, and shrimp. A wonderful dish to serve guests either at a luncheon or for a dinner party. I have served this dish to so many of my friends, and they have all as
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 8 lasagna noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups cottage cheese, creamed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat
- 1 pound cooked salad shrimp
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
Cook noodles in a large pot of boiling salted water until done. Rinse and drain noodles. Set aside.
Melt butter or margarine in a small saute pan over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Add cream cheese, cottage cheese, egg, basil, and salt and pepper.
In a medium bowl, combine soup, milk, and wine. Stir in crab, shrimp, and mushrooms.
Place 4 noodles in the bottom of a well oiled 9x13 inch pan. Spread 1/2 cheese mixture over the noodles, and spoon 1/2 soup mixture over cheese. Repeat layers.
Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes. Top with sharp cheese, and parmesan cheese. Brown lasagna under broiler. Remove from oven, and let stand 15 minutes before serving.