Elegant and different salad full of carrots, pecans, pears, and raisins. Great any time of year!
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup French dressing
- 1 (15 ounce) can pear halves
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted dates
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 head green leaf lettuce, rinsed
In a medium bowl, combine carrots, pecans, raisins and enough French dressing to moisten. Mix lightly and chill.
Drain pears, reserving 2 tablespoons syrup. In a small bowl, combine reserved syrup, dates and softened cream cheese and mix until well blended.
Fill each pear half with cream cheese mixture. Spoon the carrot mixture onto 6 salad plates covered with lettuce leaves and place one pear half on each plate.