A delicious bread with a Mexican flair, featuring avocados, Monterey Jack cheese, and cornmeal.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 avocados - peeled, pitted, and mashed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (8 ounce) container lemon-flavor yogurt
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup self-rising corn meal mix
- 1 tablespoon fajita seasoning
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch pan.
In a large bowl, stir together the avocados, eggs, yogurt, cheese, cornmeal, and fajita seasoning until well blended. Spread the mixture evenly into the greased pan.
Bake for 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the top turns golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.