As simple to make as it is delicious, this dip may be topped with lettuce, scallions, black olives or other veggies.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 2 avocados
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 2 (16 ounce) cans refried beans
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 large chopped fresh tomato
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
Spread refried beans evenly on a medium sized serving platter. If the beans are watery, chill for 20 to 30 minutes.
Peel the avocados and remove the pits. In a food processor, blend the avocados with the mayonnaise, sour cream and taco seasoning until smooth. Pour over the refried beans. Top with cheddar cheese. Add lettuce, tomatoes, green onions, green pepper and black olives if desired. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips.