This salad is dressed with a basil and mustard vinaigrette and served with lettuce and grilled Italian bread.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup whole grain mustard
- 1/2 cup sherry vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 12 ounces diced green bell pepper
- 1 head butterhead lettuce
- 12 ounces diced red bell pepper
- 1 avocado - peeled, pitted and sliced
In a large bowl, mix together the oil, mustard, vinegar, basil, bell peppers and mushrooms. Set aside and allow to marinate for 10 minutes.
Serve each salad portion on a leaf of lettuce. Fan sliced avocado on top and serve with two slices of grilled Italian bread.