This ham and ziti pasta salad is perked up by the addition of peppers, red onion, sweet pickles and cherry tomatoes with a sweet, tangy dressing.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 8 ounces ziti pasta
- 1 pound cooked ham, cubed
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large red onion, coarsely chopped
- 15 small sweet pickles, chopped, juice reserved
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 1/2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
In a large bowl, mix together the drained pasta, ham, peppers, onion, pickles and tomatoes.
In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, beef bouillon granules, vinegar, salt, pepper, garlic and 1/2 cup of reserved pickle juice. Fold into the salad and toss gently until evenly coated. Chill overnight to allow the flavors to blend. Serve near room temperature.