Quick cooking Korean Steak which has been handed down from a Korean lady to my Mum, to myself!! Serve over rice or with fried vegetables.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 2 pounds thinly sliced Scotch fillet (chuck eye steaks)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 5 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 5 tablespoons mirin (Japanese sweet wine)
In a large bowl, stir together the soy sauce, sugar, sesame seeds, sesame oil, shallots, garlic, and mirin. Add the meat, and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Fry the meat for 5 to 10 minutes, or until no longer pink. Serve with salad or fried rice.