You will need a siesta after eating this layered enchilada casserole featuring chicken with sour cream, corn, tortillas, cheddar and chile peppers.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 9 (6 inch) corn tortillas, cut in half
- 2 (10 ounce) cans enchilada sauce
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chiles
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - boiled
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, cheese, chile peppers, corn, and chicken. Mix together well.
Dip 9 tortilla halves in enchilada sauce, and arrange them in the bottom of a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Spread 1/2 chicken mixture over the tortilla layer. Repeat.
Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until center is heated through.