Kielbasa simmered in molasses and tomato sauce. Served warm over rice (or try mashed potatoes). Quick and easy!
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 pound kielbasa sausage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dark molasses
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup barbeque sauce (optional)
Place the rice and water in a pot, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes.
Cook the kielbasa in a skillet over medium heat until evenly browned. Mix in the molasses, vinegar, tomato sauce, and barbeque sauce. Continue to cook until heated through. Serve over the rice.