My mother would make these when we were young! They are very moist! The secret is in the baby food!
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 7 1/2 ounces junior baby food carrots
- 1/2 cup fresh carrots, ground
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (12 ounce) container softened cream cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Mix together the sugar, cinnamon, eggs, vanilla and oil in a large bowl. Add in the baking soda, salt and flour. Stir in the jar of baby carrots, raw carrots, raisins and walnuts. Mix well.
Bake in a greased and floured 13x9 inch pan at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 20 minutes. Check after 20 minutes by inserting clean knife into center. Knife should come out clean. Cool thoroughly before cutting.
To Make Frosting: Cream together the cream cheese, 1/4 cup butter, confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Frost cooled bars.