Fresh herbs really bring out the flavor of this refreshing and satisfying salad.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 5 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 1 beefsteak tomato, cut thinly crosswise
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 pound part-skim mozzarella, diced
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
Alternate layers of spinach and tomato across plate. Top with basil, mozzarella, and oregano. Dress with oil and vinegar. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve.