Asparagus, bacon and goat cheese top this intriguing pizza. A unique combination of ingredients that are sure to get your tastebuds in gear!
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 5 thick slices bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 unbaked pizza crust
- 1 pound shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup chopped fresh asparagus
- 1 cup halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 (11 ounce) log fresh chevre (goat cheese)
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Place bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook for a few minutes to release most of the grease, but do not cook until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
Spread the pizza crust out on a pizza pan or large baking sheet. Top with mozzarella cheese, bacon pieces, asparagus, and tomatoes. Dot with goat cheese, then season with red pepper flakes and black pepper.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until the crust is golden brown underneath when you lift it up to take a peek. Let cool for about 5 minutes before slicing and serving.