Topped with a rich cream sauce, these bacon-wrapped chicken breasts are rolled around a mild, cheesy filling. Perfect with a side of fettuccini.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, sliced
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pinch salt
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
Pound the chicken breasts until flat. Put a slice of cream cheese and 1 teaspoon chopped chives in the middle of each breast and roll up. Wrap each rolled breast with 1 slice of bacon and secure with toothpicks. Place in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
In a medium bowl, combine condensed soup, mayonnaise, milk, lemon juice, pepper and salt. Mix until smooth, then pour over chicken.
Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour, or until no longer pink and juices run clear.