Seasoned ground beef, cheddar cheese, and crisp shredded lettuce are all piled into flour tortillas and topped off with Lindsay's® Olive-Chipotle Salsa for one fantastic taco! Great for a quick and easy summer meal to serve to guests, or better yet,
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with jalapenos
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (6 ounce) jar jar Lindsay® Spanish Salad Olives with Pimiento, drained and halved
- 1 medium fresh tomato, chopped
- 1/3 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chipotle in adobo, minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add yellow onion; saute for 3 minutes. Add garlic; saute for 1 minute. Add beef; cook, stirring occasionally, until browned completely, about 6 minutes. Stir in canned tomatoes, chiles and seasoning. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Set aside; keep hot.
To make the salsa, in a medium bowl combine the olives, fresh tomato, red onion, chipotle in adobo, lime juice and cilantro; set aside.
For each serving, down the center of each of 2 tortillas, layer 1/4 cup lettuce, 1/2 cup meat mixture, 2 tablespoons cheese and 1/4 cup salsa. Fold over and serve.