What a great way to wake up pork and beans. Add a little sweet, a little spice, and a little onion, and then bake it with bacon over the top.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 2 (15 ounce) cans baked beans with pork
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 slices bacon
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a 9x9 inch baking dish, combine the pork and beans, brown sugar, onion, ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and vinegar and season with salt and pepper to taste. Top with the bacon slices.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour, or until sauce is thickened and bacon is cooked.