Delectable Brie never appeared more elegant than when bathed in a brandy sauce with mushrooms, almonds and tarragon. Serve this appetizer warm with baguette slices.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 (8 ounce) wedge Brie cheese, coating removed
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Mix in garlic and almonds, heating until almonds are lightly browned. Stir in mushrooms and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Cover with brandy and sprinkle with tarragon.
Place Brie in a small baking dish. Pour the mushroom and brandy mixture over Brie. Bake in the preheated oven 20 minutes, or until bubbly.