Bite into one of these rich, dough-wrapped tidbits and you 'll get the surprise of a pimento-stuffed olive.
INGREDIENTS (for 9 servings):
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 24 pimento-stuffed green olives
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
In a small mixing bowl, combine cheese and butter or margarine. Stir flour and cayenne pepper into the cheese and butter mixture. Blend well. Wrap a tablespoon of dough around each green olive. Arrange the wrapped olives on a cookie sheet.
Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.