The sweetness of peaches and a sprinkling of brown sugar, the spice of ginger and cloves, and a smidgen of lemon juice all heighten the flavor of these baked chicken breasts.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 fresh peaches - peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
Place chicken in the prepared baking dish, and sprinkle with 1/2 cup of brown sugar. Place peach slices over chicken, then sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar, ginger, cloves, and lemon juice.
Bake for about 30 minutes in the preheated oven, basting often with juices, until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.