In this family recipe, creamed corn is baked with eggs, milk, butter and spices.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 (14.75 ounce) cans creamed corn
- 2 tablespoons butter, diced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a large bowl beat eggs with milk. Blend in the corn and butter. Stir in flour, sugar, black pepper, celery salt, onion powder and garlic powder. Transfer to a glass pie plate.
Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until top is golden and bubbly.
Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.