This ham is a delight for the fall season. It is coated in a sweet spicy rub, then studded with pecan halves that toast in the oven while the ham bakes. This recipe from Cook's Ham, gives off a sensational aroma that will send everyone running to the dinn
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 1 Cook's® brand Bone-in Spiral Sliced Ham, Butt or Shank Portion Ham, or Half Ham
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon lime rind, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 24 pecan halves
Prepare and heat ham according to package directions.
Meanwhile, prepare sugar rub. Combine brown sugar with dry mustard, lime rind, ginger, allspice and cloves in bowl. Mix thoroughly with fork. Stir in lime juice to moisten sugar mixture evenly. Set rub aside.
Remove ham from oven 30 minutes before meat is done. Pat and rub sugar mixture over your Cook's ham, covering top end first, then smearing mixture down the sides as evenly as possible. Press pecan halves into sugar covering at regular intervals over ham. Secure nuts with toothpick, if desired, to avoid sliding off.
Heat, uncovered, 30 to 45 minutes, basting meat with pan juices every 15 minutes. Remove ham from roasting pan; set onto cutting board face down. Let rest 10 to 15 minutes loosely covered with aluminum foil.
Carve ham and serve.