This is a wonderful side dish to add a little something special to green beans and mashed potatoes. It is so delicious you will think you could eat it for dessert. Originally submitted to ThanksgivingRecipe.com.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 (20 ounce) can unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 5 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 25 buttery round crackers, crumbled
Drain pineapple, reserving 3 tablespoons juice.
Combine pineapple, reserved juice, sugar, butter or margarine, flour, and cheese. Mix well. Spoon mixture into a buttered 1 1/2 quart baking dish; top with cracker crumbs.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes, or until bubbly.