Baked polenta rounds are topped with an Italian-flavored olive and tomato mixture.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups red onion, diced
- 4 cups Roma tomatoes, seeded, diced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup Lindsay® Ripe Pitted Olives, sliced
- 2 cups red bell pepper, roasted, diced
- 1 cup basil, fresh, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 16 prepared polenta rounds, 1/2-inch thick
Preheat oven to highest temperature, about 500F. Heat olive oil in heavy pot. Add red onion and cook over medium-high heat for 3 minutes. Add tomato and vinegar. Lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add olives, peppers and basil and simmer for 5 minutes. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Keep warm.
Brush polenta rounds on both sides with olive oil. Place on baking sheets sprayed with nonstick spray. Bake until golden brown, about 6 or 7 minutes per side. Arrange polenta slices on plates and portion olive mixture on top.