The mayonnaise dressing is great; mustard and curry powder make the difference. There are also some surprise ingredients in the salad - bean sprouts, walnuts, radishes and dill. Makes four generous servings.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 4 baking potatoes
- 4 ounces fresh bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 4 celery, thinly sliced
- 4 radishes, sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill weed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons Dijon-style prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
Preheat over to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Pierce the potatoes with a fork, and bake in the preheated over for about an hour, or until tender. Remove from oven, let cool, and then chill until cold.
Peel and cube the potatoes, and then add to a large bowl along with the bean sprouts, walnuts, celery, radishes, dill weed and parsley.
Whisk together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard and curry powder.
Pour dressing over potato mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Potato Salad Tips