This is a lower calorie quick bread that does not skimp on flavor. Buttermilk guarantees a moist crumb, too. Great for afternoon snack.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup solid pack pumpkin puree
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Sift the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg into a large bowl. Mix in the pumpkin, brown sugar, buttermilk, egg and butter until well blended. Pour into a 9x5 inch loaf pan and smooth the top.
Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.