Ready-made ravioli is topped with a long-simmered tomato sauce and two kinds of cheese, then baked to golden, bubbly perfection.
INGREDIENTS (for 9 servings):
- 2 (25 ounce) packages frozen cheese ravioli
- 4 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with juice
- 4 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 16 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
In a medium stock pot combine the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, chopped onion, Italian seasoning, salt and water. Stir in the minced garlic in quantity desired. Allow mixture to simmer for 2 hours. If sauce seems dry add additional water.
In large pot of boiling salted water cook the ravioli until done. Drain.
In a 9x13 inch pan layer sauce and cooked ravioli. Top with grated Parmesan cheese and grated mozzarella cheese.
In a preheated 400 degrees F(205 degrees C) oven bake for 30 minutes, or until light golden brown. Let cool 15 minutes before serving.