Many cooks are intimidated by cooking fresh fish and, as a result, miss out on the heart-healthy, brain-boosting, omega-3 fatty acids in salmon. Never fear, though; This fast fish recipe is foolproof.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 4 (4 ounce) salmon fillets, skin removed
- 1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs, available in the Asian food aisle), or substitute dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup flaked sweetened coconut
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Cooking spray
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Place salmon fillets on a non-stick baking pan. Brush juice on salmon.
In a shallow dish, combine panko, coconut, salt and pepper. Dredge each fillet in the mixture and return to baking pan. Spread leftover crumbs on top of each fillet. Coat with cooking spray.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. If desired, put under broiler until crust is golden brown.
Find more recipes, hints and tips from USA WEEKEND.Copyright 2004 Jean Carper. Printed first in USA WEEKEND. All rights reserved.