A seasoned bread stuffing transforms jumbo shrimp into a gorgeous and richly flavored entree or appetizer
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 40 unsalted soda crackers, crushed
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 16 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined, with tails
In a medium bowl, mix crushed crackers, bread crumbs and garlic powder. In a small bowl, blend butter and Worcestershire sauce. Mix blended butter, pepper and Parmesan cheese into the cracker mixture. Stir in white wine, using only enough to hold together the mixture.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
Butterfly the shrimp using a sharp knife, and arrange back side up in a large baking dish. Stuff shrimp with heaping tablespoons of the cracker mixture.
Bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until cracker mixture is lightly browned, shrimp are opaque, and the tails have curled.