Lots and lots of veggies go into this casserole. But they 're not alone. Cheddar cheese, walnuts, butter and garlic find their way as well. It bakes in half an hour and serves eight.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 head fresh broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into small florets
- 1 pound carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 pound fresh lima beans, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3/4 pound yellow wax beans, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 5 onions, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
In a medium saute pan, melt butter or margarine over medium heat. Add onions and garlic; cook and stir until translucent.
Spread broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, lima beans, yellow wax beans, and zucchini in a large baking dish. Sprinkle with walnuts and shredded cheese. Arrange sauteed onions over cheese.
Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) until vegetables are tender and cheese melts, approximately 30 minutes.