Use fresh sprigs of rosemary to garnish this zesty combination of great northern beans, herbs and spices. Serve with assorted breads and crackers. Pinto beans may be substituted for great northern beans.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- salt to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Slowly cook and stir onions, garlic and rosemary until soft.
In a food processor, blend the onion mixture, great northern beans, white wine vinegar, red pepper and salt until smooth.
Transfer the mixture to a medium baking dish and garnish with paprika. Bake uncovered in the preheated oven 25 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.