A chunky marinara sauce, Italian sausage and mushrooms make the perfect combination with pasta and fennel seeds. A crisp green salad, garlic bread and icy Nestea round out a savory Italian-style dish!
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 8 ounces dry ziti pasta, cooked, drained and kept warm
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 12 ounces mild Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 6 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seed (optional)
- 2 (15 ounce) packages BUITONI® Marinara Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan or Romano cheese
HEAT olive oil in large saucepan. Add sausage; cook, stirring frequently, until no longer pink. Drain. Add mushrooms and fennel; cook, stirring frequently, until mushrooms are tender. Add sauce; cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through. Remove from heat.
ADD pasta to sauce mixture; toss well to coat. Spoon into prepared baking dish; sprinkle evenly with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
BAKE for 15 to 17 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.