A tasty sweet muffin recipe that won't blow your diet. Bananas and dates team up with bran cereal for a tasty breakfast treat. You'll love it!
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 2 1/8 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup reduced-calorie margarine
- 1 egg
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup bran flakes cereal
- 12 dates, pitted and chopped
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a muffin pan with non-stick spray or line with paper muffin liners. Sift together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
In a medium bowl, cream together the sugar, margarine and egg with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Mix in bananas, vanilla, cereal and dates. Blend in dry ingredients until just incorporated. Spoon into prepared muffin cups to about 2/3 full.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in pan over a wire rack for at least 10 minutes before removing muffins from the pan.