Bake a batch of warm, wholesome Banana-Orange Muffins on the weekend and freeze in individual resealable bags for portable weekday breakfasts. They'll defrost in seconds in the microwave oven.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 1/2 cups Quaker® Oats (Quick or Old Fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/3 cup chopped dates or raisins
- 1 (8 ounce) container plain nonfat yogurt
- 3/4 cup mashed ripe banana
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line twelve medium muffin cups with paper baking cups or lightly spray bottoms only with cooking spray.
In large bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and dates; mix well. In medium bowl, combine yogurt, banana, egg whites, oil and orange peel; blend well. Add to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not overmix.)
Fill muffin cups almost full.
Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool muffins in pan on wire rack 5 minutes; remove from pan.