This pie full of custard is generously topped with banana slices dipped in lemon juice and crushed pineapple. Then it's completely covered with a fluffy whipped topping.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 bananas
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in heavy syrup, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
Combine graham cracker crumbs and melted margarine, and pat into bottom of 9x13-inch pan.
In medium, non-stick saucepan over medium heat, combine remaining margarine, confectioners' sugar, eggs, corn starch and vanilla. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Continue stirring, reduce heat and simmer 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool, then spread over crust.
Peel and slice bananas, dipping each piece in lemon juice to prevent browning, and layer over custard mixture. Layer pineapple on top of bananas. Cover all with whipped topping. Keep refrigerated until serving.