A refreshingly cool dishful of vanilla-laced pudding is topped with banana slices and vanilla wafer cookies.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 (12 ounce) package vanilla wafer cookies
In medium saucepan combine sugar, flour and salt. Add eggs and stir well. Stir in milk, and cook over low heat, stirring constantly. When mixture begins to thicken, remove from heat and continue to stir, cooling slightly. Stir in vanilla and butter until smooth.
In 9x13-inch dish, layer pudding with bananas and vanilla wafers. Chill at least one hour in refrigerator before serving.