Fanciful and fruity, this pie begins with a chocolate cookie crust and gets more delicious by the layer. What follows are sliced bananas, strawberry ice cream, crushed pineapple, whipped cream and chopped nuts. Once this old-fashioned favorite is out of t
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (9 inch) prepared chocolate cookie crumb crust
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 quart strawberry ice cream, softened
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherries (optional)
Mix cookie crumbs with 1/4 cup melted butter or margarine. Press into a 9-inch pie plate.
Arrange bananas over bottom of crust. Spread ice cream in an even layer over bananas. Top with drained pineapple. Whip the cream and spread over top. Sprinkle with nuts.
Place pie in freezer for 4 hours or until firm. Garnish with cherries, if desired. Makes 8 servings.