These very tender chunks of pork ribs served with a pleasant sauce are so tasty that you'll be amazed at how quickly they're done.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless country-style ribs, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add rib pieces; shake to coat.
In a pressure cooker, brown meat on all sides in oil; drain.
Combine the water, ketchup, chili powder and hot pepper sauce; pour over ribs. Add onion.
Close cover securely; place pressure regulator on vent pipe. Bring cooker to full pressure over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook for 15 minutes. (Pressure regulator should maintain a slow steady rocking motion; adjust heat if needed.) Remove from the heat; allow pressure to drop on its own.
Skim fat from sauce if necessary and serve with ribs if desired.
© 2002 Reiman Media Group, Inc.