A macaroni salad with a twist. Great for summer parties. You can garnish with hard-boiled eggs and tomato wedges, if desired.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 (12 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 1 (15 ounce) can marinara sauce
- 1 1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced black olives
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add macaroni, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain, and rinse under cold water. Put macaroni in a serving bowl, and mix in the marinara sauce, celery, relish, olives, onion, mayonnaise and chili powder. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.