Cooked rice and barbecue sauce are combined with a heavenly mixture of cooked seitan, onions, scallions and hot, hot chili peppers. The filling is spooned into flour tortilla, and when all ten are wrapped and ready, they 're baked with additional barbecu
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 habanero peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 (8 ounce) packages seitan
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (18 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce
- 10 (10 inch) flour tortillas
In a large saucepan (wok pans also work well) heat oil over medium-high and saute yellow onion, green onions, garlic, habanero, and bell pepper until onions become translucent. Add seitan and saute another 5 minutes. Add black beans and tomatoes. Heat through.
In a medium size mixing bowl combine heated mixture with cooked rice, cilantro, and 1 cup barbecue sauce.
Lay tortillas on flat surface. Spoon about 3/4 cup of filling onto each tortilla's center. Wrap tortilla so that mixture is captured on the inside .
In a casserole dish pour barbecue sauce to coat the dish's bottom. Place burritos in dish and pour more barbecue sauce on top of them. Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven for 35 minutes.