Delicious Irish fruit cake. Serve thickly sliced with butter.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 3/4 cups brewed black tea, cold
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups golden raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped candied citron
- 1 1/4 cups self-rising flour
- 1 egg, beaten
Put the tea, sugar, raisins and peel into a bowl, cover and leave to soak overnight.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour an 8 inch round pan.
Sift the flour into the fruit mixture, add the egg and beat well.
Pour into the cake pan and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour and 45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean. Leave in the pan for 5 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.