A favorite among children, this treat is the solution for any busy parent!
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup pasteurized cheese spread
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried black beans, warmed
- 12 (6 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- 12 taco shells
- 2 cups shredded red leaf lettuce
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 (2.25 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) jar thick and chunky salsa or taco sauce
In medium skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground beef, stirring until crumbly and no longer pink. Drain fat. Stir in cheese spread and cook until heated through.
To assemble, spread heaping tablespoon refried beans on each flour tortilla. Place taco shell in center. Fold sides of flour tortilla onto taco shell to stick. Fill each taco shell with about 2 tablespoons beef mixture.
Top with lettuce, tomatoes, cheese and ripe olives. Serve with salsa or taco sauce.