Small shaped pasta, beans and a can of minestrone soup are added to pork sausage which has been browned with onions, onion powder and garlic to create this thick soup.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 8 ounces pork sausage
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed minestrone soup
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can great northern beans, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup uncooked spinach pasta
In 4 quart stock pot, cook sausage until lightly browned. Add onion powder, garlic, and onion, and cook until tender.
Stir in minestrone soup, water, great northern beans (undrained), kidney beans (undrained), thyme, basil and pepper.
Bring to a boil and then reduce to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
Stir in pasta and cook another 15 minutes and then serve.